Indulge in the ultimate chocolate-hazelnut delight with Nutella cake. This delectable dessert combines the creamy goodness of Nutella with a moist and fluffy cake, creating a heavenly treat for the taste buds. With its irresistible flavour and luxurious texture, Nutella cake is a true crowd-pleaser that will leave you craving more.
Nutella cake RecipeCourse: DessertCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
Make sure to use softened butter for easier creaming with the sugar.
The eggs should be at room temperature to ensure proper incorporation into the batter.
When adding the dry ingredients and milk, it’s important to mix just until combined to avoid overmixing the batter.
Be careful not to overbake the cake, as it can become dry. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center—it should come out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
Enjoy your homemade Nutella cake!
Ingredients for Cake:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup Nutella
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon salt
- For the frosting:
1 and 1/2 cups Nutella
1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to incorporate all the ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating with the milk. Begin and end with the dry ingredients, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the Nutella and vanilla extract until the batter is smooth and well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling, prepare the frosting. In a mixing bowl, combine the Nutella and heavy cream. Beat on medium-high speed until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Once the cake has cooled, spread the Nutella frosting over the top and sides of the cake using an offset spatula or a butter knife.
- Optional: You can garnish the cake with chopped hazelnuts or chocolate shavings for added texture and decoration.
- Make sure to use softened butter for easier creaming with the sugar.
- The eggs should be at room temperature to ensure proper incorporation into the batter.
- When adding the dry ingredients and milk, it’s important to mix just until combined to avoid overmixing the batter.
- Be careful not to overbake the cake, as it can become dry. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center—it should come out clean or with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before frosting to prevent the frosting from melting.
- Enjoy your homemade Nutella cake!
What is Nutella cake?
Nutella cake is a delicious dessert made with Nutella, a popular hazelnut chocolate spread. It typically consists of layers of cake infused with Nutella and frosted with Nutella buttercream or ganache.
How do I make Nutella cake?
While there are various recipes available, a basic Nutella cake recipe typically involves mixing flour, sugar, eggs, butter, cocoa powder, and Nutella together to create the batter. The batter is then baked in a cake pan until cooked through. Once cooled, you can frost the cake with Nutella buttercream or ganache.
How long does Nutella cake stay fresh?
Nutella cake can stay fresh for about 3-4 days when stored properly in an airtight container at room temperature. However, it is best to refrigerate the cake if it contains perishable fillings or frostings.