Mango cake is a delicious dessert made with fresh mangoes. It’s a popular treat enjoyed by mango lovers around the world. There are various ways to make mango cake, but here’s a basic recipe to give you an idea. Do you want to make mango cake at home for the very first time? Well, this recipe will be perfect for you!
Mango CakeCourse: DessertCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Medium
Savor the taste of summer with our delectable mango cake. Moist layers of mango-infused sponge, filled with juicy diced mangoes, create a tropical symphony of flavors. Topped with a luscious whipped cream frosting, this cake is a delightful celebration of the beloved mango fruit.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups ripe mango puree (from about 2-3 medium-sized mangoes)
1/2 cup diced mangoes (for filling and garnish)
Whipped cream or frosting (optional, for serving)
Fresh mint leaves (for garnish, optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch round cake pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the buttermilk. Begin and end with the flour mixture, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Gently fold in the mango puree until well incorporated.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the diced mangoes evenly over the batter. Pour the remaining batter on top, covering the diced mangoes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once the cake has cooled, you can frost it with whipped cream or your favorite frosting, if desired.
- Garnish the cake with additional diced mangoes and fresh mint leaves for an extra touch.
Slice and serve the mango cake to enjoy!
- If you prefer a sweeter cake, you can add a bit more granulated sugar to the batter. Also, make sure to adjust the baking time if you’re using a different cake pan size or if your oven runs hotter or cooler.
- Enjoy your delicious mango cake!
Can I use frozen mangoes instead of fresh mangoes?
Yes, you can use frozen mangoes to make mango puree for the cake. Just thaw the mangoes before blending them into a puree.
Can I use a different type of frosting for mango cake?
Yes, you can experiment with different frostings. Cream cheese frosting or whipped cream frosting can be a delicious choice for mango cake. Alternatively, you can also use a simple dusting of powdered sugar or serve the cake without frosting.